Indianapolis, Indiana – Attorney Richard Bell of McCordsville, Indiana filed suit in the Southern District of Indiana alleging that Defendant, ROI Property Group Management, LLC, infringed its rights in the “Indianapolis Photo” registered on August 4, 2011 with the US Copyright Office, Registration No. VA0001785115. Bell seeks injunctive relief along with statutory damages, costs and attorney fees.
Bell has filed many lawsuits on his own behalf asserting copyright infringement in Indiana federal courts. See:
- Indianapolis Real Estate Agent Sued for Infringing Copyright of Photo
- Limousine Service Sued for Copyright Infringement
- Bell Sues Shuttered Auto Repair Shop for Infringing Copyrighted Photo
- Copyright Attorney Shifts to Alleging Infringement of Different Photo
- Attorney/Plaintiff Accuses Wisconsin Analytics Firm of Copyright Infringement
- Bell Names Aramark in Latest Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Attorney/Photographer Sues North Carolina Hotel Operator
- Attorney/Plaintiff Bell Files Three New Lawsuits Over Photo of Indianapolis Skyline
- Eight New Infringement Lawsuits Filed by Attorney/Plaintiff
- Attorney/Photographer Files Two New Infringement Lawsuits
- Lawsuit by Frequent Copyright Litigant Dismissed for Lack of Jurisdiction
- District Court Terminates Copyright Suit Over Photo; Plaintiff Appeals
- Remaining Copyright Defendants in Bell Lawsuit to be Dismissed
- Attorney/Photographer Sues Georgia Real Estate Company for Infringing Copyrighted Photo
- Sovereign Immunity May Take a Toll on Bell’s Latest Copyright Lawsuit
- Appellate Court Dismisses Copyright Appeal as Premature
- Bell Rings in the Holiday Weekend with a New Copyright Lawsuit
- Bell Files New Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Bell Sues Georgia-Based FindTicketsFast.com for Copyright Infringement
- Richard Bell Files Two New Copyright Infringement Lawsuits
- Court Prevents Copyright Plaintiff Bell from Outmaneuvering Legal System; Orders Bell to Pay Almost $34,000 in Fees and Costs
- Three Default Judgments of $2,500 Ordered for Copyright Infringement
- Court Orders Severance of Misjoined Copyright Infringement Complaint
- Richard Bell Files Another Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
Bell’s lawsuit against the Defendant stems from Defendant’s alleged use of the copyrighted photo on its commercial website. Plaintiff claims that Defendant used the picture without authorization in November 2017, and the use continued through December 2017.
According to the complaint, the Defendant did not request or receive permission or authorization to use the photo, and instead claimed it owned the copyrights of all images appearing on its website.
Plaintiff has formally alleged copyright infringement and violations of the Lanham Act.